Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reflections on My Practising time by Snow

My name is Snow and I was placed at Vardaga Björkbacken at Dalby. I think practicing during your education is very good because I have learnt a lot and got to know how it is in real life when we get a job. People working there were like angels, so nice, calming and kind.

I learnt how to take care of people and how people can be when they get old. I've learnt how to handle emergency situations. If I want to have this kind of job, I must be better to calm down and slow down when people around me almost make me crazy. What I have to do is just take a deep breathe, I think.

Two weeks ago an old woman died. I had been taking care of her when it was the palliative time. And she was the first dead person that I’ve experienced and I was with her in during her last moments of life until she was gone. I felt it was hard to handle it and I almost started to cry. It was so sad.  But no, I stood there and watched her when she released her last breathing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment