Thursday, April 3, 2014

Reflections on My Practising time by Albulena

Hey, my name is Albulena and I’m sixteen years old. I practiced at a retirement home at Arlöv. People working there are nurses, physiotherapist nurses, assistants and hourly employees. I have practiced at a retirement home for one month. The people working there were so nice to me. It`s good to work there because you help the old people and someone of those may not be able to walk or something else, but sometimes it`s not that good because some of them are heavy and annoying.

During my practice time I have learnt how to take care of people that have broken the leg. I have also learnt how to take tests (blood sugar) and how to answer the phone when someone calls you up to your floor, and how to talk to the old people, how to wash them but it was sometimes rather hard.


The personnel were rather kind but there was one that was especially nice to me. She called me darling, my little girl and stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment