Wednesday, November 12, 2014



Leea about volunteering
Our last volunteering activity for the 2013 – 2014 school year was a trip in the neighbourhood  of Baia Mare, together with some elderly from “Rivulus Pueris” day centre. Our task was to collect healing plants for tea, but the real purpose of this outing was to learn from the seniors which these miraculous plants are and particularly what they are good for (what can be treated with them). It was an interesting experience because I really found out a lot about this topic, apart from what I used to know and because I felt like in the presence of my grandmothers who are always so loving and nice. 


While walking with the seniors we had to slow our rhythm because they couldn’t keep up; sometimes I had to repeat things because one of the grannies can’t hear very well.  Ever since I have given more thought to the idea that getting old is changing, a change which alters not only the physical capacity but also the senses. And I also realized that we are not too eager to think about it too much. It’s not comforting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment