Wednesday, November 12, 2014



Iuliana about volunteering
Our volunteering activity started in October 2013, after an introductory lesson over this subject was offered to us all (I mean, all the students who expressed their wish to take this up) by one of the teachers from the Comenius group. We were given a sort of definition of volunteering, we were told what it involves and the fields in which it is practised. Then we found out that we were about to take part in such activities in a day centre for seniors and in a nursing home. I was eager to start because these were opportunities to do something different from our school  classes, but the first encounter was nothing much.  When we arrived there we only visited the place, we met some elderly we were about to collaborate with and we were told we would work together on different topics.

I put myself again on the list of volunteers for November and then, yes, it was nice, I had quite an experience. The students and the seniors – we all discussed about our town – what we like and dislike about it and especially what it used to be like in the past, when they were young or even small children. I loved this chat because I found out a lot of things about  Baia Mare I hadn’t known before and also, because I was impressed  with those people’s patience and desire to help us learn and understand things we hadn’t thought about up to that moment.










No comments:

Post a Comment