Sunday, April 19, 2015



Robert about volunteering
“Watching good quality films can be a  life inspiring experience” is something that our class teacher, Mrs Medan, tells us whenever she has the opportunity. And now, that I had the chance “ to get impressed”, I took it. I attended the volunteering activity organized with the seniors in the “Rivulus Pueris “ Centre on 31st of March, to watch together and to debate over the film “The book thief”. I had heard about it before and I expected it to be a little “too educative” but, while watching it I was hooked and I didn’t realized  how the time passed. Then, I was interested to find out what the others have to say, what they found significant and inspiring. 

Some opinions, expressed  mostly by the elderly, got stacked into my mind: the idea of reading as a form of surviving or the thought that Kindness can be triumphant  when people treasure their supreme value – their humanity. Above all, I was touched by one of the granny’s remarks about the film. She said that we can appreciate peace, quiet and the happiness we have even better when we see this beautiful, sad film which points out suffering and human solidarity in war time.


I wouldn’t have thought about all these if I had seen the film alone or, perhaps, I wouldn’t have seen it at all. All the better to be satisfied with my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment